A commemorative plaque devoted to the visit of the Church of Intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos by Russian Emperor Alexander III and his family on 24 September 1888, New Athos (6 October).
A commemorative plaque made of marble with the following inscription: «Сей храмъ соизволили посѣтить въ 24-й день сентября 1888 г. Ихъ Имепраторскія Величества Благочестивѣйшій Государь Императоръ Александр ІІІ Александровичъ Самодержецъ Всероссійскій и Благочестивѣйшая государыня Имепратрица Марія Ѳеодоровна съ Ихъ Императорскими Высочествами Благовѣрнымъ Государемъ Наслѣдникомъ Цесаревичемъ и Великимъ Княземъ Николаемъ Александровичемъ и Благовѣрнымъ Государемъ Великимъ Княземъ Георгіемъ Александровичемъ»
The commemorative plaque was installed in the church of Intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos in New Athos, during the Soviet era the plaque was dismantled and destroyed.
In the 90’s of XX century the preserved fragments of the commemorative plaque were found, then glued together. The glued plaque was placed in the church of Intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos. In 2018, restoration works were carried out.
Currently the commemorative plaque devoted to the visit of the Intercession Church in New Athos by the Emperor Alexander III and his wife Maria Feodorovna with their children is kept in the Church-Archaeological Museum of HMA.