Artifacts

Fragments of a roof from the ruins of the church in the village of Bzhylua (Ankhua, Gudauta district)

4 fragments of a roof made of limestone ashlar were discovered on 26 November 2018, during the cleansing of the ruins of a little-known medieval church No. 2 from vegetation in the village of Bzhylua, Ankhua, Gudauta district.

The find…

read more... ...


Fragments of ceramics from the ruins of the church in the village of Bzhylua (Ankhua, Gudauta district)

 

The ruins of a medieval church № 2, located in the village of Bzhylua (Ankhua), Gudauta district, were cleared of wild vegetation in 2018. After the cleansing of the church there…

read more... ...


A stone with fragments of frescoes from the ruins of the church in the village of Bzhylua (Ankhua village, Gudauta district)

The ruins of a medieval church, located in the village of Bzhylua (Ankhua), Gudauta district, were cleared of wild vegetation in 2018. After the cleansing of the church there were heavy rains, they exposed the topsoil, which revealed a…

read more... ...


Металлические рельефные пластины с видом Ново-Афонского монастыря (нач. ХХ в.)

Sorry, this entry is only available in Russian. For the sake of viewer convenience, the content is shown below in the alternative language. You may click the link to switch the active language.

11…

read more... ...


Ceramics from the ruins of the church of St. George in the village of Ankhua

Two fragments of the lower parts of pithos (large ceramic vessels) and small fragments of ceramics. On July 22 2019, they were discovered during a working trip of Archimandrite Dorotheos (Dbar) and employees of the Department for the Protection…

read more... ...


Thesis awards of the clergy

1. Bishop’s thesis award with a wax seal of Bishop Dmitry Sukhumsky, issued to priest Panteleimon Samaa (May 12, 1908). 50 × 69 cm

In this thesis award it is…

read more... ...


Ceramics from the ruins of the church on Mount Aquy

On 20 October 2018, in the village of Ankhua during the clearing of the ruins of the church on Mount Aquy (the modern name is Mount Athos), 15 fragments of red clay tiled roof were discovered on the ground,…

read more... ...


A commemorative plaque of 1888 devoted to the visit of the Intercession Church in New Athos by the Emperor Alexander III

A commemorative plaque devoted to the visit of the Church of Intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos by Russian Emperor Alexander III and his family on 24 September 1888,…

read more... ...


Liturgical Gospels and Apostle

1. The Holy Gospel in the ancient Greek language in a metal frame with ornaments, – 254 p. 27×34 cm. In the lower part of the frame there is an engraved inscription: “ΑΦΙΕΡΩΜΑ ΟΙΚΟΓ. ΣΟΦΟΚΛΗ ΑΡΧΟΝΤΑΚΗ 1981 (A gift…

read more... ...


A stone fragment with ornament

A limestone and stone fragment with ornament. The origin is unknown. It is kept in the fund of the Church-Archaeological Museum of HMA.
 

read more... ...


Page