On 3 February 2020, first meeting of the Holy Metropolis of Abkhazia took place in the new year.
In the meeting took part: the chairman of the Council of HMA – Archimandrite Dorotheos (Dbar), Hierodiacon David (Sarsaniya), Arda Ashuba, Ruslan Pandariya, Omar Trapsh, Miron Chalmaz, Dionis Yalanchidi, Alkhas Tkhagushev (on Telegram), and members of the Council in an advisory capacity – Akhra Argun and Temur Dzidzaria.
At the meeting there were presented reports on the life and activities of the Holy Metropolis of Abkhazia for 2020.
The meeting was opened by the chairman of HMA Archimandrite Dorotheos. He made a report on:
• on pastoral activities;
• on pilgrimage;
• on festive and official events;
• on educational activities;
• on archaeological research in the village of Ankhua;
• on participation in official meetings and conferences;
• on scientific expeditions;
• on the activities of the publishing department;
• on the Fund of the Church and Archaeological Museum and its office;
• on the reception of guests of HMA.
The abbot of the monastery Hierodiacon David (Sarsaniya) made a report on the life and activity of the monastery brethren and on the new TV program «НЕзависимость» (Independence).
There were also presented diagrams, which reflect the financial condition of HMA for 2016-2019.
Report on the previous meetings of HMA was made by the secretary of the Council Germain Marchand.
The member of the Council of HMA Dionis Yalanchidi made a report on the activities of the Department of Social Service and Charity.
The member of the Council Arda Ashuba talked about the translation activity: it was released a film “Life of Jesus” in Abkhaz and there was completed the translation of the book of Jonah in Abkhaz.