Trebnik in the Abkhaz language. Tiflis, 1907. – 69 p. This original copy of Trebnik from the library of Yuri Argun (1939-2014). Donated to the fund of the Church-Archaeological Museum of the Holy Metropolis of Abkhazia by Rada Argun in January 2022.
In 1906, at the 1st congress of the Abkhaz Translation Commission, it was decided to translate the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom and Acolouthia (a following) of Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, Matrimony and Anointing of the Sick into Abkhaz.
The translation was entrusted to representatives of the Abkhaz clergy and teachers of the Abkhaz schools. In December 1906, at the 2nd Congress of the Trans lation Commission, the translation of the Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom, prepared by priest Nikolay Ladarya and the works of other members of the commission were took under consideration. Trebnik was among them.
The following people took part in the translation of Trebnik: Fr. Dmitry Maan, priest Nicholay Ladarya, Fr. Alexander Azhiba, Dmitry Gulia, Prince Konstantin Marshan, Nikolay Pateypa, Anton Chukbar and Foma Eshba. The commission was led by the diocesan observer of the church schools of the Sukhum Diocese, Stefan Alferov, and the archpriest of the Sukhum Cathedral, Georgy Golubtsov.
Trebnik was printed on 5 July, 1907 in the printing house of the Office of the Viceroy of His Imperial Majesty in the Caucasus, Tiflis, 400 copies.